Wednesday, November 9, 2011

And relax....

I am having such a lovely day today, despite being under the weather with the latest snuffle sneeze cough thing doing the rounds.  Having shown my house a little love (which it really needed) I have given myself the afternoon off! 


Summer (the dog) and I ambled around the orchard in the watery sunshine.  I took my camera in the hope of catching my little snake who sunbathes on the wall, but with a little chilly wind I think perhaps it was too cold for him.  However I did find a four leaf clover, so not all bad luck :)



These celandine's add some much needed colour to the walk.  


Yesterday AnnieMay had her first outing and it went quite well.  Although I did not make very much for the event (small and simple) I enjoyed setting my little tables up and making it pretty....

My mincemeat sold well, with lots of orders too, so getting up at 6.30 to make mince pies was worth the effort (which is good as I am NOT a morning person and so it really did take quite some effort!)


Maybe need a slightly larger selection next time!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, full of cheerfulness! :) Thank you for your kind words on my blog, I'm having the afternoon off too ~ isn't it lovely? :) I'm off to read more of your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I had a lovely afternoon sitting in front of the fire and enjoyed getting on with some crochet - wonderful - just what cooler days where made for :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I will try my best to reply to any comments you leave.