Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas cakes and Kenwoods.


Over the past few days there has been a sale locally where I must admit to buying the odd bargain.  One item kept calling to me in the store - a red KitchenAid.  If I walked up and down once I must have gone past them 20 times.  On Saturday I even took my hubby to walk past and admire the lovely lovely boxes.  However, I did resist (wow they cost a lot!) and I really do not need one.

Sitting at home, feeling a bit abandoned was my Kenwood.  Today I got it out to make my Christmas cakes (four - we do like Christmas cake!!) and I realised that actually I quite love it!  It is over 40 years old and still mixes beautifully.  It made my hubbies cakes when he was a boy...it mixed our wedding cake (we made it ourselves) and it has mixed our Christmas cakes for the last 12 years...it really owes us nothing....and I would never swap it....even for a very lovely red KitchenAid!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, Merry Christmas!
    I have an ancient Kenwood too, it's a food processor that is starting to die on me after over 20 years of service and I've been looking round for a replacement. Yes, the Kitchen Aid is lovely, very stylish and would look lovely on my work top but, as you say, sooooo expensive. So I think I will opt for another Kenwood, because they are so reliable and rather iconic in themselves. I'm really enjoying reading your blog by the way. Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I will try my best to reply to any comments you leave.