Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cosy nights and sunny days............


Last night was an early night to chase away my sniffs and sneezes, but not before lighting the fire and settling down with a good book.  Really enjoying The Book Thief at the moment - a can't put it down read. 

Today feeling better I set off on a snake hunt.  With the sun shining I felt sure he would be there on the wall having his daily vitamin D shot.  Sadly, it was not to be.  However, the little lizards were out in force so I did manage to get a shot or two.


Out walking it amazes me how it is never really winter here. Sometimes it's wet and sometimes cold but there is always something growing.  At the moment the lemons and oranges are beginning to colour, and it will not be long before pancakes with fresh lemon are on my menu! Yum.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your climate is a lot like Southern California. Our winters still provide plenty of opportunities in the garden. I almost feel guilty showing pictures of things growing while everyone else is trapped inside until spring. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to getting to know you better and am following you know. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Patty, It can be quite lovely here even in the winter - last year we had a picnic in January in t-shirts! That said I do miss the change in season of the UK.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I will try my best to reply to any comments you leave.