Thursday, January 19, 2012

In search of colour.............


So busy at the moment...this working for a living certainly gets in the way of blogging :( However, today Summer and I had a lovely hour around the orchard.  Mainly it's drab and cold at the moment so you have to look a little harder for the bright spots. That said today the sky was bright and blue, just need a touch more warmth! 



The trees have been pruned and the ground ploughed - all waiting, waiting, waiting....



Summer looking very elegant. 



I have no idea what these are but nice to find some colour at last!


This tree will soon be completely red with flowers - again I do not know what it is but it is very welcome in early spring.


I am not keen on the bamboo that has been planted as quick hedges in the orchard - it looks out of place but I guess it does it's job.  When the wind blows it seems to offer protection to the trees.   

1 comment:

  1. I think the tree with the red flowers is a Camellia not sure about yellow flowers though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I will try my best to reply to any comments you leave.