Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oranges and Lemons again!

The oranges and lemons are literally dripping off the trees at the moment.  I don't really understand why people do not pick them?  They are mostly left to fall on the floor and rot.  Needless to say I keep picking them up and am quickly running out of things to make (perhaps that is why people leave them!)

Obviously we have pancakes quite a lot...with fresh lemon juice from a lemon literally just plucked from the tree...well... hard to beat really.

Now I have a very large bag of scrummy oranges from a neighbour which I am thinking of trying a few different things with...can you make orange curd I wonder????

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love anything with lemons! Thank you for visiting and following Red Rose Alley and for your lovely comment. I hope you visit with us again, and I am now following you too.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky to have oranges and lemons there for the taking! I know how you feel about people not using the fruit, in autumn the apples and pears etc that are left here to drop and rot or are put in bags to be taken as rubbish....scream!! Give orange curd a try, you never know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. Don't you love the way you can speak to people all over the world on blogs! I will let you know about the orange curd..but given the look on my husband's face when I said I was going to make it, I may be the only one eating it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I will try my best to reply to any comments you leave.