Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday...

Time has flown by this week with my Big G home from school in England - half term is just not long enough and it was really sad to say goodbye today.  She is now flying with her Daddy back to cold Wiltshire for 32 days before the next holiday.  Boarding school may be the best thing for her but it really is not for Mummy!!!

To take my mind off I have been having a go at crochet hearts from Bella Dia (great  blog by the way if you fancy a look).  What do you think of the result?  Just a bit of fun really but I have enjoyed making these two and think I might make a few more...





We took a trip over to Albrobello this week on the other coast of Italy and stayed in a Trullo.  These little houses are made of dry stone wall and are so snug and sweet.  People have lived in them for hundreds of years.  Must admit we had not expected the snow, but it made it very magical.




A Trullo in the snow.


Little L trying to catch a snow flake on her tongue! 

The week ahead brings a friend from England to stay, a return to work and school and hopefully more craft time.  Have a great week all xx

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about your girl going back to school and leaving the nest. I am going through the same thing right now. We will be moving to Northern California, and the girls will stay in Southern California. Not much of a travel distance, but all the same, I will miss them. Your crocheted hearts are so pretty. I love hearts. The snow pictures are beautiful. Have a good week, and let's keep in touch to let eachother know how we're doing.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri - I love your blog by the way - full of colour and really inspiring x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I will try my best to reply to any comments you leave.